Interested in purchasing or starting a practice one day? Then this is an indispensable discussion. Get Nauv’s perspective around what to look for in a job and the pros and cons of moving from being an associate to an owner.
Dr Nauvneel Kashyap is a multiple practice owner, practice ownership consultant, dentist and professional poker player. Nauv has hired 30-40 new graduates in his time and has many insights into the struggles and successes of the early years of a dental career.
So much was covered we needed two episodes. Part 2 continues to give huge insights and advice for graduates and students.
Part 2 covers:
- How Graduates are mentored in Nauv’s practices.
- What to look for in your first job. The pro’s and con’s of corporates for a graduate.
- How Graduates are mentored within Nauv’s practices
- Nauv’s view on Dental Corporates and the future of the dental employment landscape. He makes a predication for the ADC oversees trained dentist pathway that was recently closed.
- Is practice ownership for everyone?
- The downside of practice ownership
- Current challenges for dental start ups
- What you would expect to spend on a start up vs a purchasing a practice
- What to look for when purchasing a practice
- Reaching out to other dentists.
- How to keep sane in this profession
- Practice Ownership Consulting. Nauv’s consulting and seminar business
- Here’s a link to a new graduate program Dr Nauvneel Kashyap and Dr Sahil Soni have just launched.
- Communication comes up as critical for graduates. Nauv recommends Dr Mark Hassed. Coincidentally, we did a podcast with him last episode! Go to The Relaxed Dentist to find out details about his courses.
- I mention the recent blog post about the saddle matrix. Find it here.