“Real growth begins at the edge of your comfort zone”.
It is easy to look at the most accomplished dentists, especially when thy’re still relatively early in their career and to think thy’re different, they’re don’t have the struggles that we deal with.
But of course, they do. And one of the things i love most about this podcast is the ability to share the journeys, the lessons and the real life experiences of those who inspire us.
Dr Cigdem Kipel easily fits this description. A highly accomplished dentist, a thought leader, an entrepreneur, Cigdem has a achieved a lot in a short window of time.
Often she shares communication advice, which you can find in our WIWIK podcast (Links). Today, we talk about her journey, the challenges, the break through moments and the advice she wishes she had as a new graduate.
I really enjoyed this motivating interview. Her passion is palpable, I hope it rubs off on you too!
- 8:56 – Cigdem on her journey to becoming a dentistfort zone and try new things.
- 19:53 – How Cigdem learned to break out of her comfort zone and improve her confidence.
- 30:30 – What is focused reflection, and how can you implement it?
- 49:12 – How do you get staff motivated and on board with systems in place?
- 1:06:59 – Cigdem talks about Principle, the practice managing software she has developed with her team and when it is expected to launch.
- 1:10:33 – Some of the tough times in Cigdem’s career and advice she has for new graduates.
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover communication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
We’re proud to have Invisalign Australia supporting the podcast and as an (early stage) Invisalign provider, I genuinely think providing aligners and educating yourself on orthodontic alignment will revolutionise your treatment and patient outcomes.
If you want to start your journey, Invisalign Go is the perfect stepping stone. This allows you to start with the simpler cases and build your skills and knowledge as you go.
Go to https://www.invisalign-doctor.com.au/ to find out how you can become an Invisalign provider today.
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
As a bonus for joining the site, you can get our Free e-book ” How to get the most out of CPD” AND get the Free photography cheat sheet created by Szabi Hant!
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!