Imagine the insights you would get by employing, working with and training dental graduates in your own practice.The knowledge of what they do well, what they should focus on and what blinds spots graduates have is invaluable to those early in their career and this chat kicks off with just that.
Dr Jeff Kho is a general dentist, entrepreneur, business owner and educator. He runs Australian Hands On Courses and is about to launch the Graduate Accelerator Program.
- 1:27 – Benefits and drawbacks of employing graduates
- 12:38 – What makes Jeff passionate about dentistry?
- 30:32 – CPD Jeff would recommend to new graduates
- 39:14 – What it’s like running courses during COVID and what CPD will look like in the future.
- 49:32 – Tough times Jeff has went through, and what he learned from his hardships.
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover communication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
Exclusive Discount for DHS Listeners
If you want to learn from these exceptional courses and teachers, sign up with the following codes to get 10% off their ENTIRE RANGE of courses! Expires 30th June 2022. Available to dental students and graduates within 5 years of graduation.
In this episode I share my personal experience with Orthodontics training and alignment of my own teeth. A preface for the journey we’re about to embark on.
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
As a bonus for joining the site, you can get our Free e-book ” How to get the most out of CPD” AND get the Free photography cheat sheet created by Szabi Hant!Free Photography Cheat Sheet!
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!