If you focus on the hurt, you will continue to suffer. If you focus on the lesson you will continue to grow.Unknown Author
The challenges we experience in life almost always lead to our successes. Dr Catherine Yang is a testament to that.
Moving to Australia as a 15 year old with minimal English, she was able to get into Dentistry and is now a practice owner, Author and Speaker. Her journey to this level of achievement taught her lessons of managing and ‘stepping on’ her fear. And that is the genesis of her book ” Step on Fear”.
In this podcast we have the pleasure of discussing this journey, her advice, specifically tailored to young dentists as well as her influential involvement with B1G1, a company we are very passionately working with.
Find out more about her new book “Step on Fear” here, as well as Legacy; The Sustainable Development Goals in Action, the B1G1 book Dr Catherine Yang co-authored at the link for a free sample chapter.
- 11:37 – How Catherine got involved in B1G1.
- 22:05 – Catherine talks about her contributions to her co-authored book “Legacy”.
- 32:53 – What Catherine says about fear and her STEP’s towards conquering it.
- 44:03 – Catherine’s role as a mentor and how she mentors others.
- 52:50 – What Catherine learned from being challenged in her business and what she did to persevere.
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover communication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
- Access to over 200 hours of lecture recordings and clinical videos.
- Phone, email and chat support
- 4 Dentistry Fundamentals courses per year (valued at $1075). (Restoration Fundamentals is an example of this style of product.)
- 4 Exclusive Live and interactive Q&A sessions per year (valued at $10K)
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
Exclusive Discount for DHS Listeners
If you want to learn from these exceptional courses and teachers, sign up with the following codes to get 10% off their ENTIRE RANGE of courses! Expires 30th June 2022. Available to dental students and graduates within 5 years of graduation.
In this episode I share my personal experience with Orthodontics training and alignment of my own teeth. A preface for the journey we’re about to embark on.
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
As a bonus for joining the site, you can get our Free e-book ” How to get the most out of CPD” AND get the Free photography cheat sheet created by Szabi Hant!Free Photography Cheat Sheet!
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!