You can’t do something with your hands
unless you can see it first.Dr Tony Rotondo
Many say Dr Tony Rotondo has good hands. And if you have seen his work, then you would certainly agree. But for Tony, it’s his eyes that allow him to achieve his clinical excellence. And perhaps, his passion and consistent drive to improve.
Dr Tony Rotondo is an internationally recognised prosthodontist with particular interest in aesthetics, composite and implant dentistry. Tony completed his undergraduate at UQ and his prosthodontic program at UCLA. Tony is also an educator and lectures locally and internationally.
If you are a member of the Australia and New Zealand based facebook group DPR you’ll be familiar with the following image. Tony created this with composite. Click on the image to find the step by step case on styleitaliano.com
In this episode with Dr Tony Rotondo
- Early influences including his father, Dr Tony Rotondo Senior.
- First years out in the UK and Australia.
- Photography, both clinical and landscape hobby photography and how they’ve influenced each other
- Relationship with your ceramist.
- Advice for improvement including courses, morphology of teeth allowing you to see where improvments can be made
- CEODental.com courses run by Tony and Michael Mandikos.
- Dr Tony Rotondo and Dr Michael Mandikos run https://ceodental.com.au/ an education company
- Tony’s website http://rotondo.com.au/
- Szabi Hant is one of Tony’s main technicians, find more at
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover communication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
- Access to over 200 hours of lecture recordings and clinical videos.
- Phone, email and chat support
- 4 Dentistry Fundamentals courses per year (valued at $1075). (Restoration Fundamentals is an example of this style of product.)
- 4 Exclusive Live and interactive Q&A sessions per year (valued at $10K)
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
As a bonus for joining the site, you can get our Free e-book ” How to get the most out of CPD” AND get the Free photography cheat sheet created by Szabi Hant! Free Photography Cheat Sheet!
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!