Are you an associate? Hearing Jamie’s story and what he is doing to prevent it happening again is an absolute must.
Episode 6 of the Dental Head Start Podcast welcomes Dr Jamie Workman.
Dr Jamie Workman is a UK trained dentist and serial entrepreneur. Jamie is working in private practice, started www.jamiethedentist.com and multiple other ventures as well as having a special interest in Dentofacial Aesthetics and paediatric communication.
As a performer at heart, Jamie’s story is captivating while also packed with useful tips and advice. We cover a lot in this conversation and Jamie was generous to give us plenty of his time. So much that I’ve decided to split this one into two.
In Part 1 we cover:
- Getting thrown in the deep end day 1 in the NHS. First day new graduate with molar root canal and half an hour for a bridge preparation – what a nightmare!
- Travelling and how it helped shape who Jamie is.
- Internal and external marketing,
- A mindset to instantly improve your internal marketing
- How and precisely when Jamie goes about asking for referrals.
- SEO and how it helped Jamie build the last practice he was in.
- Future proofing yourself as an associate from having the rug pulled out from underneath you.
- Building yourself as a brand.
- www.jamiethedentist.com – explains for the patient in their language and the why of what we do
- Personal development
- Questions he asks himself daily: What made me happy today? What made me proud to be me?
- Facial aesthetics and being an AADFA trainer and why he loves it.
- Audio books are great and Jamie suggests Atomic Habits by James Clear – I’ve already got through this book and thought it was great. Well worth the read
- Composite course by Dr Yo-Han Choi and Dr Bharat Agrawal. Find out when this is back on by following them on Instagram. Currently 2019 is sold out however check out the Encompass course available in Sydney in May.
If you would like get in touch with Dr Jamie, you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message him through facebook or Instagram @jamiethedentist.
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you appreciate what we’re doing I want to ask you a simple favour – share this on your Instagram story, with a friend directly or review us on your podcast app. This really helps us get this valuable information to the people who need it most.