You’ve heard me say it before:
Helping Dental Students Become Great Dentists
This is our motto and our mission. So, it makes perfect sense to have Dr Rohan Krishnan on the podcast to share his views, experience and vision with the Dental Head Start community.
Dr Krishnan has spent many years contributing to ADA NSW, initially on and then as chair of the Recent Graduate Committee and more recently as a Board Director. He is also on the board of Filling The Gap and runs his own private practice.
Impressive, yet my interest was peaked when he shared his new project with the University of Sydney. Dr Krishnan has put together a course for Usyd students to help them with transitioning to private practice. Together with hand chosen people from his broad network of passionate, excellent colleagues, Rohan is able to make a difference at the coalface. And I truly hope this becomes an Australia and New Zealand University wide approach.
With such aligned visions and missions, I could’ve spoken with Rohan for hours. For now, I hope you find his experiences and generous advice as useful and engaging as I did.
In This Episode
- 9:16 – Rohan’s talks about his passion for learning and continually gaining knowledge.
- 18:37 – The importance of personality when finding the best mentor for you.
- 24:50 – Rohan’s journey from associateship into practice ownership, and major differences he sees between the two roles.
- 42:50 – What Rohan and the ADA recent graduate committee are doing for new dental graduates.
- 53:32 – What pushes you to be more than just a clinician?
- 1:01:54 – Rohan shares his advice to new grads surrounding the current industry conditions.
My Journey So Far
The OrthoEd Segment is a partnership between OrthoEd and Dental Head Start, aiming to bring you on the journey of the OrthoEd Mini Masters and my personal journey of orthodontic treatment.
We’ll be creating 20 episodes over this year with a goal of providing a taste of what OrthoEd can provide and actionable tips and advice straight from the OrthoEd Educators. To view our entire OrthoEd Segment Series and for more information on how you can step up your own orthodontic game, visit our OrthoEd page.
Exclusive Discount for DHS Listeners
If you want to learn from these exceptional courses and teachers, sign up with the following codes to get 10% off their ENTIRE RANGE of courses! Expires 30th June 2022. Available to dental students and graduates within 5 years of graduation.
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
- Access to over 200 hours of lecture recordings and clinical videos.
- Phone, email and chat support
- 4 Dentistry Fundamentals courses per year (valued at $1075). (Restoration Fundamentals is an example of this style of product.)
- 4 Exclusive Live and interactive Q&A sessions per year (valued at $10K)
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
Dental Practitioner Support
Dental Practitioner Support is the first national 24/7 telephone and online service to support dental practitioner health and wellbeing in Australia.
The service is free, confidential and independent. Remember, good practice involves seeking support when you need it. Dental practitioners can call and speak to an experienced team ready to provide advice on a wide range of issues, including mental and physical health, workplace issues and general wellbeing.
Call them anytime you need, and even save the number in your phone so that it’s there on the day that you need it.
1800 377 700 or visit the website www.dpsupport.org.au