Ever treat kids? Then hearing Jamie’s advice is a absolute must.
While Podcast #6 – Jamie Workman Part 1 was all about being an associate and advice for those who do not own the practice, part 2 is about communication – a critical part of every dentists role.
I’ve mentioned it before, treating kids is a love/hate relationship for me. I enjoy it but you can do 10 things right and have 1 small detail be the difference between a successful appointment and a failed attempt.
Jamie significantly helped me just by having this discussion and hearing his techniques. If you see kids, I have no doubt this will help you.
In Part 2 we cover:
- Facial aesthetics and being an AADFA trainer and why he loves it.
- Working with kids
- Techniques and tips for connecting with children and help them feel comfortable in the dental surgery
- An example of how Jamie communicates with kids through an engaging story
- A tip to keep your patients comfortable when giving multiple injections.
- How to get a child to ask you to take a tooth out! But be warned, doesn’t always work!
- We talk about Jamie’s website and the section on treating kids – a great resource for dentists and the kids family. Check it out.
- We also touch on adult communication and NLP (neurolinguistic programming) – something I personally don’t know a lot about but it certainly sounds interesting and helpful.
Here’s a link to the blog I mention at the end. Bend the needle.
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you appreciate what we’re doing I want to ask you a simple favour – share this on your Instagram story, with a friend directly or review us on your podcast app. This really helps us get this valuable information to the people who need it most.