For most graduates, Endodontics can send a chill through the spine. It’s a challenging thing, done mostly by feel and when our experience is limited there are plenty of unknowns.
For this episode we have a social media dental titan. You’ve probably heard of him, he’s probably taught you a thing or two on Facebook. Dr Omar Ikram is a Specialist Endodontist, practice owner at Specialist Endo Crows Nest (based in Sydney’s lower North Shore), Specialist Endodontist at Sydney Dental Hospital and is a prolific teacher on Facebook and Instagram.
What you’ll get from this episode:
- How he fits it all in – social media tips and tricks
- Perspective on not being particularly busy as a new graduate – it’s an opportunity.
- Dr Ikram’s story, how he ended up in Endodontics
- His philosophy on patient care, what his earliest jobs taught him and what he has brought into his own practice.
- His experience during Specialist training. What specialist training really teaches you.
- Omar’s thoughts on the most common mistakes made by graduate dentists.
- The choice between an onlay vs a crown.
- Tips for finding the elusive MB2
- Head to Instagram for videos and lectures for more info
- He recommends certain burs as apposed to ultrasonics
- Trough and look for the white dentine shavings
- The canal curves significantly in the coronal third
- Prod with C+ files, don’t actively cut.
- Advice when you have worked on the patient, charged and then need to send them off to the Endodontist
- What is in store for the future with his courses etc
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads! Thanks.