We all walk the same pathDr Anthony Mak
Great dentistry takes decades to learn. Refinement of skills is a process of dedication and persistence. And these are traits Dr Anthony Mak has in droves.
Anthony spent his first few years spread between a few practices with varying experiences and this gave him the well rounded foundation to use as a spring board for his career. Just this story alone is so useful in allowing us to consider and plan our journey in dentistry.
This is just the start of the tips advice and concepts Anthony shares in this podcast.
Dr Anthony Mak is making waves in dentistry and really contributing to the education of the dental community so for that we say thanks and for joining us on this engaging podcast interview.
In This Episode
- 5:00 – How Anthony’s first job shaped the clinician he wanted to be, and how he wanted different jobs and different skill sets.
- 18:00 – Anthony’s perspective on burnout and what pushes him to be a great clinician and have relentless work ethic.
- 26:47 – Communication tools and how Anthony uses Neuro Linguistic Programming
- 32:23 – In depth look at the Injection moulding technique, indications/contraindications for use, case selection, and clinical tips to make clean up easy
- 39:36 – Composite tips, and discussion of how his new ACE course is aiming to arm new grads with all the essential skills needed for a private dentist
- 52:04 – How to start in digital dentistry, and Anthony talks about the ONE instrument you need to start your digital dentistry journey, especially as an associate
Podcast Summary – Download for Free!Anthony-Mak-odcast-one-pager
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover commmunication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
But we’ve been able to secure an exclusive offer – 30% off FOR LIFE! Just use the code ‘HEADSTARTRIPE‘ to access this huge offer from Ripe Global.
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
As a bonus for joining the site, you can get our Free e-book ” Ho to get the most out of CPD” AND get the Free photography cheat sheet created by Szabi Hant!
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!