All of the top level athletes have coaches. Many have multiple. But when it comes to our careers, our business and our lives we tend to take it all on ourselves without asking for the help we need.
If we really think about this, it doesn’t make sense. And talking with Brett Churnin really hits home for me in this episode.
Brett has been coaching dentists with Prime Practice for over 17 years. His passion and effectiveness in what he does really shows through in this discussion. We even get into the weeds with something I’ve been wanting to change for a while, incidentally highlighting the accountability factor a good coach can provide.
If you’re wondering – yes, I did trial my new way of presenting photos to patients (but decided it was not better!) and yes Brett did follow up!
Enjoy the insights from someone who has been passionately serving the dental industry for decades.
In This Episode
- 1:09 – Brett’s journey in life coaching and working with Prime Practice
- 28:49 – Practice owners should focuses on three main areas; leadership, business, and communication skills. Brett focuses in on leadership.
- 40:26 – Common mistakes Brett sees new grads making.
- 52:54 – Skills to help you develop as a practitioner
- 56:57 – David’s barriers to make improvements in his treatment plans
- 1:02:03 – Brett’s advice to graduates
- Prime Practice’s website
- PrimeSpeak discounts including 40% off for students and graduates and 15% for everyone else.
- Primespeak, Prime Practice’s renowned communication course
Prime Head Start
The Prime Head Start Segment is right after the feature interview and again it’s with Brett Churnin about another four words I’m sure you’ve heard before. Last episode was “I hate the dentist”, this episode it’s ” I’ll think about it”. What does this mean and what are some of the causes within our control?
HUGE DISCOUNTS! Prime Practice are running a huge special to celebrate ADX. They are offering 60% off Primespeak for Students and graduates – that is incredible! Saving you over $1700 it is a bargain. Also, all other courses are 40% off for EVERYONE! Really big savings, so if you’ve been on the fence, perhaps now is the time to dive in! Find out more at their website. www.primepractice.com.au
If you’re reading this after the ADX specials expire then don’t worry, for Dental Head Start listeners, Prime Practice are offering their leading communication course, Primespeak, at 15% off for everyone and a massive 50% off for students and recent graduates. Check out www.dentalheadstart.com/primeheadstart to get your hands on the discount codes.
We’re also proudly supported by BOQ Specialist who offer a student banking package. Check that out here . Terms and Conditions apply
For years I have been reading Lincolns posts, learning from their courses and benefiting from their content. It was only a natural progression to partner with Restoring Excellence and the Dental Head Start Podcast.
I hope to share the benefits and exclusive offers through DHS. Check out their Online Academy!
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
Make an account and you gain access to:
- Alerts – get emailed when courses on the topics you love are released
- Wishlist – make a list of your favourites
- Reviews – review your favourite courses and see reviews from your peers before you make the commitment
- CPD log – track your cpd in one place
- CPD Junkie Newsletter – cpd tips, newest courses and industry updates. FREE!
Make your account now and get your next CPD Fix.
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!
For every share and tag on social media, we provide dental hygiene to a child for a day. For every listen to the podcast, we provide drinking water to someone for a day. Find out more at www.dentalheadstart.com/giving