From a simple tooth replacement to a full arch, implants can give a patient back their smile, their function and their confidence. An integral part of today’s options for the missing tooth, implants and bone grafting are important to understand and offer. Yet at university, we generally get just an introduction to this critical dental field.
So, many of us embark on significant education to learn more and provide more in this field. There are plenty of paths to implant competence however the options can be overwhelming and it is easy to spend a significant amount of money without the results you desire.
Dr Dean Licenblat shares his path to implant success and what he recommends to young dentists who want to add implants to their repertoire. After being exposed to implants earlier than most, Dean recognised this is something he could passionately pursue and proceeded to expand his knowledge both here and overseas. This led him to a Master’s Degree from the Goethe University in Frankfurt with a focus on Oral Implantology and Bone Grafting. He now teaches internationally, mentors for the masters program and focuses his own private practice to implants.
In This Episode
- 1:25 – Dean sharing a life changing case
- 6:31 – Dean’s first Job
- 10:16 – Beginning of Dean’s implant Journey
- 14:55 – Dean’s three steps to beginning implants after graduation
- 21:41 – Success and Failures of learning overseas
- 25:36 – When should a graduate’s implant journey begin?
- 28:25 – Common mistakes when beginning introducing implants into the practice
- 32:43 – Grafting in extraction sites and graft material choices
- 37:43 -Recommendations for someone who is looking to start placing implants
- 43:15 – How to go down the path of teaching and gaining a referral base
- 47:42 – Finding mentorship with specialists
- 54:54 – Keys to making great mentor relationships
- 1:01:51 – Advice for new graduates
- Upcoming course – Basic Implant Restoration. Feb 22nd Melbourne
- AIA (Australian Branch of California Implant Institute), Dean lectures for 50% of the course.
- LVI – Las Veges Institute
- Want to contact Dean? Instagram, Facebook, Email or Mobile – he has made himself completely available
Aesthetic Dental Academy
Aesthetic Dental Academy is a new Continuing education provider who wants to help you take your first steps into the implant world.
They have released their course Basic Implant Restorations with Dr Dean Licenblat, an international educator and leader in implants, guiding you to understand implant restorations and giving you the confidence to plan and restore simple situations for your patients.
Find out more at https://www.aestheticdentalacademy.com.au/dental-courses/basic-implant-restoration-melbourne/ and get an additional 10% off with the code ‘dentalheadstart’!
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
Make an account and you gain access to:
- Alerts – get emailed when courses on the topics you love are released
- Wishlist – make a list of your favourites
- Reviews – review your favourite courses and see reviews from your peers before you make the commitment
- CPD log – track your cpd in one place
- CPD Junkie Newsletter – cpd tips, newest courses and industry updates. FREE!
Make your account now and get your next CPD Fix.
The 4Sight Dental Journal!
4Sight Dental is made to help dental students become great dentists. The first way we’re going to do this is throught The 4Sight Dental Journal, a journal to help you get clarity, focus and perspective on your dental career.
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!
For every share and tag on social media, we provide dental hygiene to a child for a day. For every listen to the podcast, we provide drinking water to someone for a day. Find out more at www.dentalheadstart.com/giving