One of the key goals for the Dental Head Start Podcast is to delve into the pathway and ups and downs of the journey a great clinician took to achieve what they have. It’s even more interesting when they’re rapidly achieving at a young age. Dr Yo-Han Choi is the epitome of this kind of clinician.
I would be surprised if you didn’t know his work on Instagram @dr.yohanchoi where he showcases extremely well executed cases. Better yet, often there’s the steps of how it was achieved which is so valuable. If you haven’t, check out his work now!
Not only is he putting up cases worthy of the best, he’s a multiple practice owner, teaches a hands on composite course and is part way through a MClinDent in Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics. I honestly don’t know where he finds the time.
In this episode we cover a ton, including:
- His story that led him to dentistry and ultimately where he is and the path he is on.
- His experience around practice ownership
- Straight out of school his vision of what it would be didn’t quite align with his first jobs reality.
- Advice to grads
- Your first job
- Thoughts on mentorship
- Around building rapport and communication
- We learn about his Instagram page with over 5000 followers and what social media has taught him
- Some insights around the future of dentistry and CPD especially what the up and coming clinicians have to give to the profession.
- A really useful tip to improve your skills when you have spare time.
- CPD recommendations in the early years
- Stratum BXY composite course run by Yo-Han and Dr Bharat Agrawal
- Yo-Han shares tips on both composite and Rubber Dam
Also, here’s a link to the Blog I mentioned ” You Don’t Need Everyone to Love You.”
Thanks for supporting the show Dental Protection Limited
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you appreciate what we’re doing I want to ask you a simple favour – share this on your Instagram story, with a friend directly or review us on your podcast app. This really helps us get this valuable information to the people who need it most.