It never ceases to amaze me that some of the best and most successful Dentists in Australia really weren’t that passionate in the beginning. This description describes Dr Geoff Hall’s feelings towards general dentistsry, only to have his eyes opened and passion ignited with specialist Orthodontics training in the US.
Since the days of his training Dr Geoff Hall has created a thriving Orthodontics practice, become heavily involved in continuing education and aligner therapy and created OrthoEd, an orthodontic education company aimed at teaching a general dentist to provide exceptional orthodntics, regardless of previous experience.
From orthodontics to business, Geoff’s enthusiasm and energy is engaging. This was a fascinating conversation with a leader in the industry.
- 00:32 – How Dr. Hall got the name “Myth Busting Orthodontist”
- 10:15 – Geoff talking about business, and mistakes he has made along the way.
- 20:19 – Mistakes dentists are making, both clinically and in business.
- 28:09 – What should graduates be thinking when wanting to begin their clear aligners journey?
- 40:09 – Finding the right partner when running a cooperative business.
- 51:16 – What paths Geoff recommens a new grad to take to learn and do more aligner therapy.
- 1:06:29 – Mistakes Geoff sees dentists making.
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover communication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
Dental Protection Limited
Dental Protection we’re the first to come on board supporting dental students and graduates through the Dental Head Start Podcast and now they’re stepping up again by release the new publication Young Dental Practitioners as well as the Survival guide, their e-Learning platform ‘Prism’ and Sign up for Risk Wise Connect. Find it at the links or on their Facebook Page.
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
As a bonus for joining the site, you can get our Free e-book ” How to get the most out of CPD” AND get the Free photography cheat sheet created by Szabi Hant!
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!