Finding a mentor is such commonly shared advice that it’s almost cliché. Yet, without a doubt it is a crucial part to your development.
When I think about the mentors in my life, not all of them were two way relationships, some we’re people I listened to and absorbed wisdom from over many years.
Dr Jesse Green falls squarely into this type of mentor for me. Through the Savvy Dentist Podcast, his blogs, books and courses I have learnt an immense amount about business, communication and practice ownership. I’ve been fortunate enough to form a real relationship with Dr Jesse Green while managing and creating www.cpdjunkie.com.au and the learning hasn’t stopped.
This has been one of my favourite episodes and without doubt you will get pearls of wisdom from it. A fitting way to see out 2020.
- 8:25 – Jesse talks about graduating from dental school and going in the Navy
- 18:25 – what do business owners see in associates that makes them indispensable?
- 24:50 – Thoughts on being put in a leadership role immediately as an associate.
- 37:47 – Jesse talks about his book retention and why he wrote it.
- 42:16 – What are young dentists/new grads doing wrong when trying to maintain patient retention?
- 56:16 – Mistakes Jesse sees new grads and associates making, and advice he has around the topic.
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover communication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
We’re proud to have Invisalign Australia supporting the podcast and as an (early stage) Invisalign provider, I genuinely think providing aligners and educating yourself on orthodontic alignment will revolutionise your treatment and patient outcomes.
If you want to start your journey, Invisalign Go is the perfect stepping stone. This allows you to start with the simpler cases and build your skills and knowledge as you go.
Go to https://www.invisalign-doctor.com.au/ to find out how you can become an Invisalign provider today.
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
As a bonus for joining the site, you can get our Free e-book ” How to get the most out of CPD” AND get the Free photography cheat sheet created by Szabi Hant!Free Photography Cheat Sheet!
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!