In recent times more successful dentists are standing up and sharing stories of challenge, not just their successes. Whether it’s a failed case and a life story that they have got through, it really has helped many thousands of us dentists realise these great dentists have challenges too, just like us.
Dr Matthew Youssef has achieved a lot in his relatively short career. Matt has extensively trained in implants and surgery and has gone on to create ARIA Dental Education, a training academy where I met Matt. They provide entry level hands on implant training with support from some of the best Australian specialists.
Yet the real value here is in Matt’s story and achievement, even in the face of adversity.
I hope this inspires you as much as it inspired me. Enjoy.
In This Episode
- 6:19 – How associates can adapt to the changing dental landscape
- 8:13 – Matthew’s background, his journey through dental school and how he developed his passion for dentistry
- 20:04 – Battling anxiety and all other things that life throws at you
- 25:11 – Matthew’s first job
- 35:58 – Matt left his first job and started at another practice where his implant journey began
- 42:42 – The vision of ARIA and what it intends to provide to clincians
- 50:37 – Matt’s experiences doing volunteer work in Vanuatu, why he founded the Australian Christian dental aid, and his vision for it
- 59:24 – Advice for students and new grads on how to get into implants, seeking mentors, and how to get the most out of your advice
Prime Head Start
The Prime Head Start Segment is right after the feature interview and this episode it’s with Meg Sharpe, the compliance expert with Prime Practice.
While it has always been a crucial part of our practice, perhaps no more than even, infection prevention and systems are front of mind. The responsibility falls to us with this and Meg shares 3 common mistakes dental practices make.
The Prime Vision Conference
This is the must attend event to be one step ahead in the coming uncertainty. Prime Practice have brought together a Stella line up (you know many of them!) for a conference aimed at the future and (Re)Building the New Dental Landscape.
Students, dentists, associates and owners will all gain from this. I’m sure you know that after so many advice packed Prime Head Start Segment. Use the promo code: DHSPVC199 to cap the price at $199 (ex GST). https://www2.primepractice.com.au/prime-vision-conference-2020
For Dental Head Start listeners, Prime Practice are offering their leading communication course, Primespeak, at 15% off for everyone and a massive 50% off for students and recent graduates. Check out www.dentalheadstart.com/primeheadstart to get your hands on the discount codes.
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then the RIPE Academy by Restoring Excellence.
In an attempt to make it affordable for all around the world, it is just $29USD per month for some of the most valuable online content anywhere in the world.
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago!
I hope to share the benefits and exclusive offers through DHS. Check out their Online Academy!
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
Make an account and you gain access to:
- Alerts – get emailed when courses on the topics you love are released
- Wishlist – make a list of your favourites
- Reviews – review your favourite courses and see reviews from your peers before you make the commitment
- CPD log – track your cpd in one place
- CPD Junkie Newsletter – cpd tips, newest courses and industry updates. FREE!
Make your account now and get your next CPD Fix.
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!