Your path to now has shaped who you are and the lens through which you see dentistry and the world. From working with his mother in Milan, becoming a dental technician, Dentistry, oral surgery, a PHD and now Prosthodontics. It is safe to say A/Prof Max Guazzato has had a path and a perspective few could claim to hold.
I was lucky enough to have a few lectures and practical sessions with A/Prof Guazzato and I can say his journey and passion inspired me and left a lasting influence on my fascination with morphology, colour and attention to detail. Even though the wax up I produced was not something I hope he remembers!
Enjoy this inspiring story and thoughtful advice – find more from A/Prof Max Guazzato at Highlands Professional Development and if you’re that way inclined – the post graduate Pros program at Sydney University.
- 4:53 – Growing up in Milan and Max’s pursuit of dentistry.
- 13:37 – Max talks about his oral surgery residency, what he learned from it, and how we can apply it to our own upskilling in everyday practice.
- 19:40 – Oral surgery tips, and differences in oral surgery between Italy and Australia.
- 39:21 – What Max loves about research.
- 42:47 – Tips for young dentists on the topics of ceramic restorations.
- 1:04:12 – Max discusses business modelling and provides advice for practitioners to improve their business.
- 1:15:14 – Max reflects on his experiences in his teaching career.
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover communication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
Dental Protection Limited
Dental Protection we’re the first to come on board supporting dental students and graduates through the Dental Head Start Podcast and now they’re stepping up again by release the new publication Young Dental Practitioners as well as the Survival guide, their e-Learning platform ‘Prism’ and Sign up for Risk Wise Connect. Find it at the links or on their Facebook Page.
3M – Science Applied to Life
“Prevention is better than cure”
3M™ Clinpro™ White Varnish with Tri-Calcium Phosphate, an ideal varnish for every generation.
Clinpro™ White Varnish 5% Sodium Fluoride with Tri-Calcium Phosphate (TCP) is a proprietary formula that contains fluoride, calcium and phosphate—components naturally found in saliva. Containing 22,600ppm of fluoride, it delivers targeted and sustained fluoride and calcium release. Clinpro White Varnish flows across tooth surfaces and comes in contact with saliva, releasing fluoride and calcium over the life of the varnish—up to 24 hours!
Studies have shown that the longer a varnish is in contact with teeth, the more effective it is.*
Simply put, staying in contact matters.
So for your next prevention consultation why wouldn’t you consider 3M Clinpro White Varnish?
Terms and conditions apply.
*Khattak MF, et al. Comparison of three topical fluorides using computer imaging. J Clin Pediatr Dent 2005; 30(2): 139-144.
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
As a bonus for joining the site, you can get our Free e-book ” How to get the most out of CPD” AND get the Free photography cheat sheet created by Szabi Hant!
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!