I look back and the root tip is gone. There’s my nurse, arms kind of crossed, the suction up in the air with the root tip stuck in the surgical suction. She has no idea and is still watching TV.Dr David Keir
This is the first podcast I can confidently say is NSFW! (not safe for work)
After about an hour of laughing consistently during a dinner catch up, Dr James Zvirblis and I decided all of the hilarious dental stories we had heard needed to be given a voice!
It’s been a tough year and in an attempt to lighten the mood, we talk about some of the more embarrassing moments and the plain ridiculous stories we’ve heard from friends, past guests and the audience of the Dental Head Start Podcast.
In This Episode
- 3:30 – What has James been up to?
- 10:45 – “You’ve been very naughty”
- 19:40 – The reality that making mistakes is common and understanding how to cope with them
- 29:32 – Paediatric mishaps and takes on how it can make/break your day
- 39:15 – Radiographic artefacts and funny stories about old school xray taking
- 40:45 – James and David talk about the “Golden Handcuffs”.
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover commmunication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
But we’ve been able to secure an exclusive offer – 30% off FOR LIFE! Just use the code ‘HEADSTARTRIPE‘ to access this huge offer from Ripe Global.
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
BOQ Specialist CareerStarter Banking Package
BOQ Specialist offer a great banking package for graduates. This package includes an everyday bank account with no monthly, annual or ongoing account keeping fees, an optional overdraft with no establishment fee and no repayments required until 1 July the year after you graduate, a credit card with no fees for five years and an optional car loan.
Having worked closely with medical professionals for over 30 years, BOQ Specialist understand the unique challenges we can face at the beginning of our careers.
Whether it’s relocation costs, everyday living expenses, buying a new car or even saving for a first home – BOQ Specialist have a range of banking products and services to help. For more information, click here.
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
As a bonus for joining the site, you can get our Free e-book ” Ho to get the most out of CPD” AND get the Free photography cheat sheet created by Szabi Hant!
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!