Before Dr Phillip Palmer founded Prime Practice, he was first a dentist. His story of struggle and then growth is inspiring. He then went on to provide this insight and wisdom through Prime Practice and the stories from this are so useful.
Phillip has spent years mentoring and coaching thousands of dentists and has a deep and rich understanding of business, communication and the struggles dentists go through.
In this episode we cover:
- What drives him – seeing a change and positive influence on the industry as a whole
- His story
- Graduated young (21) – knew nothing then!
- Worked in the UK
- Purchased a practice in Sydney CBD when home.
- Advice for dental students who want mentoring
- The initial struggles – mentally, emotionally with owning a practice – eventually went to Sweden to properly learn about management
- This flowed to his practice overnight
- How Prime Practice began
- What are students today missing? – Same as when he graduated
- His personal development tips
- Don’t wait to see how life will turn out you’ve got to work out what you want and make it happen – be an active participant rather than an observer of life
- Seeing yourself as the leader in the room – overcoming resistance from staff etc when you are the associate not the boss
- What he would have done back then – learnt business and management earlier
- Advice for all – improve your EQ
The Prime Head Start Segment 3 is right after the feature interview and this episode it’s with Anita Roubicek, the co CEO of Prime Practice. We’re talking leadership today. Both leadership of your patients and of your staff, especially as an associate.
For Dental Head Start listeners, Prime Practice are offering their leading communication course, Primespeak, at 15% off for everyone and a massive 50% off for students and recent graduates. Check out www.dentalheadstart.com/primeheadstart to get your hands on the discount codes.
We’re also proudly supported by BOQ Specialist who offer a student banking package. Check that out here
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!
For every share and tag on social media, we provide dental hygiene to a child for a day. For every listen to the podcast, we provide drinking water to someone for a day. Find out more at www.dentalheadstart.com/giving