The dental industry is on the road to recovery from the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve moved to level 1 restrictions, broadening the procedures we can provide and reinstating a level of normality.
But what will the road to recovery look like? How has the dental landscape changed and what challanges and opportunities does new dental normal pocess?
This episode I have the pleasure of sitting down with three Dental Head Start Alumni, Dr Phillip Palmer, Dr Jamie Workman and Brett Churnin to talk about what they forsee in the future and advice and tips for the dental student graduate and those further along in their journey.
The idea for this episode came from the conference coming up by Prime Practice, the Prime Vision Conference. We’re proud to be an official partner with Prime Practice and are genuinely excited to hear the speakers share their views on the new dental landscape and how best to navigate this challanging time.
This is just a snippet of wisdom from three of the 8 speakers at the conference. Find out more here and don’t miss out on the early bird special rate available until May 20th!
In This Episode
- 11:22 – Phillip, Brett, and Jamie discuss what the dental landscape may look like in 3 months, 6 months and 3 years following the pandemic.
- 21:20 – Discussing how to make the most of your down time as an associate and making more time to nurture the relationship you are creating with your patients.
- 38:00 – Important numbers to record within your practice
- 49:36 – Comparing what the post COVID-19 market may look like compared to after the Global financial crisis, what this means for associates, and how to add value to the practice.
- 1:00:10 – What can dentists do at this time to create a busier and better future?
Prime Head Start
The Prime Head Start Segment is right after the feature interview and this episode it’s with Patric Moberger. Perhaps one of the most important concepts and this is expecially so with the current economic and practice uncertainty. How to gain new patients.
The Prime Vision Conference
This is the must attend event to be one step ahead in the coming uncertainty. Prime Practice have brought together a Stella line up (you know many of them!) for a conference aimed at the future and (Re)Building the New Dental Landscape.
Students, dentists, associates and owners will all gain from this. I’m sure you know that after so many advice packed Prime Head Start Segments. Get your early bird tickets before May 20th! https://www2.primepractice.com.au/prime-vision-conference-2020
For Dental Head Start listeners, Prime Practice are offering their leading communication course, Primespeak, at 15% off for everyone and a massive 50% off for students and recent graduates. Check out www.dentalheadstart.com/primeheadstart to get your hands on the discount codes.
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then the RIPE Academy by Restoring Excellence.
In an attempt to make it affordable for all around the world, it is just $29USD per month for some of the most valuable online content anywhere in the world.
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago!
I hope to share the benefits and exclusive offers through DHS. Check out their Online Academy!
How do you find CPD? It is such a difficult task, with courses listed here and there but you never know you’ve seen them all.
www.cpdjunkie.com.au has been created to provide all Dental CPD in the one place. Search by keyword, date, discipline, location, speaker or organiser – however you want to find it, you can.
Make an account and you gain access to:
- Alerts – get emailed when courses on the topics you love are released
- Wishlist – make a list of your favourites
- Reviews – review your favourite courses and see reviews from your peers before you make the commitment
- CPD log – track your cpd in one place
- CPD Junkie Newsletter – cpd tips, newest courses and industry updates. FREE!
Make your account now and get your next CPD Fix.
The Dental Head Start Podcast is for students and new graduates. We interview successful dentists and specialists to uncover the tips, tricks and advice to help you transition from dental school to private practice successfully.
If you like this content then I ask just one thing of you; share this with a friend who will benefit from this and help us help more students and new grads!