Welcome to What I Wish I Knew by Dental Head Start. This is a podcast where we learn from people that have been there, made the mistakes, learnt the lessons and have developed into the accomplished dental professionals they are today.
It’s your weekly mentoring session.
You will never get the girl/boy, the job or the case acceptance if you do not simply ask.
Sounds obvious, but critically analyse your own communication and case acceptance. Are there situations where you’ve seen a patient again and again and fallen into a habit of single tooth dentistry, without offering the comprehensive solution?
Dr Mark Hassed is an expert in case acceptance and communication and this is one of hundreds of useful tips he’s shared over the years of coaching dentists via The Relaxed Dentist. He writes a weekly blog and has made his renowned course online, on-demand for your Covid shutdown blues.
Don’t die wondering, Ask!
If you’re a dental student or graduate, here are 4 ways I can help you transition to private practice.
- Download the 10 Tips to Successfully Transition to Private Practice – This is a culmination of the things i’ve learnt over the years that I think are worth considering for all grads. I’ve included reference links throughout.
- Check Out The 4Sight Dental On Demand Webinar – We cover communication, getting a job and excelling in that job with Dr Omid Azami, Dr Jesse Green and myself!
- Find the CPD you need on CPD Junkie – Australia’s most comprehensive CPD Database, exclusive discounts and content.
- Clarify your goals, vision and lessons with the 4Sight Dental Journal – In fact you can get this and the webinar for 50% off! Use the code ‘DHS2020’
In this exceptionally difficult time for our profession, we need to look at the silver lining. With time, we can work on ourselves and work on our dentistry. And what better way then with RIPE Global
In a market flooded with online content, RIPE Global sits head and shoulders above the rest. Enjoy some of the most useful yet professionally created online content anywhere in the world, for just $59AUD/month.
- Access to over 200 hours of lecture recordings and clinical videos.
- Phone, email and chat support
- 4 Dentistry Fundamentals courses per year (valued at $1075). (Restoration Fundamentals is an example of this style of product.)
- 4 Exclusive Live and interactive Q&A sessions per year (valued at $10K)
My crown prep workflow is modelled on Lincoln’s video from the academy 3 years ago! This will change your practicing career.
My Journey So Far
The OrthoEd Segment is a partnership between OrthoEd and Dental Head Start, aiming to bring you on the journey of the OrthoEd Mini Masters and my personal journey of orthodontic treatment.
We’ll be creating 20 episodes over this year with a goal of providing a taste of what OrthoEd can provide and actionable tips and advice straight from the OrthoEd Educators. To view our entire OrthoEd Segment Series and for more information on how you can step up your own orthodontic game, visit our OrthoEd page.
This WIWIK episode features:
In this episode, David discusses how he’s been finding his aligners so far – his challenges and any personal tips he’s discovered all the way.
Exclusive Discount for DHS Listeners
If you want to learn from these exceptional courses and teachers, sign up with the following codes to get 10% off their ENTIRE RANGE of courses! Expires 30th June 2022. Available to dental students and graduates within 5 years of graduation.